Old 11-04-2005, 07:06 PM
BenignVanilla

"mark Bannister" wrote in message
She thought she was doing a good thing, and fortunately there are no
fish yet. The pond was supposed to be up and running last year, but I
just now got the tile finished. It's a small formal pond, about 700
gallons, tiled with granite. My daughter used half a bottle of
dishwashing soap to clean it. Now it's a great big bubble bath.
I've rinsed and rinsed and still have a bubble bath. Will sunlight
eventually break down the soap?

If I were you I would consider, one of two paths...

1) drain, clean and fill
2) Agitate the water like crazy, and do partial water changes.

I'd go with 2). Might as well use that water to get much of the soap out as
you can. I'd also read the label to see what you are dealing with. I'd be
less concerned with dish soap, then say clothing detergent.

Of course, in my house, we use environmentally sound products, so I wouldn't
worry either way.

The solution to pollution is dilution, so get diluting.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com