Old 11-04-2005, 09:28 PM

Elliott Richmond,

I've never written anything for publication. I merely write for the
share enjoyment of reliving some of experiences worth reliving
and sharing.

If I had to make a choice between writing for publication and
writing for the fun of it, I would choose the latter every time.

However, it would be fun to discuss some really exotic ideas about
science with someone who writes professionally.

One of my favorite pastimes (along with backpacking, boating,
camping...) is reading about some scientific subjects -- particularly
physics, astronomy. biology, chemistry, philosophy, psychology...
(just a list off the top of the head).

Please be assured I have no drum to beat, no agenda, very few
entrenched ideas... but enjoy learning new terms and concepts, and
fantasizing over "what if" scenarios with respect to alternate concepts
relating to space, time, light, and juxtapositions of idea with idea as,
for example, "What role do the human defense mechanisms influence
science beliefs at the popular level, at the political (financing) level,
and among scientists, themselves?"

It is hard to find people who share so many cross-discipline interests
and have had the motivation to delve into them. You seem to be a
person who would share these interests.

Research (of published documents) is something I do for a hobby;
and that might help you, while being just fun for me.

If interested in further discussion of this, let me know.

Gil
space and time and light.

"Chris" wrote in message
news
Just as an aside... Mockingbirds get very defensive of their nesting
area, and will attack you if you get within 25 or so feet. So, you might
want to think twice about them being there... I speak from a couple of
experiences. (I've developed a "dislike" towards them.)

"Elliot Richmond" wrote in message
There is a mockingbird building a nest in one of the mountain laurels
in our front yard. There are also lots of loose cats in the
neighborhood. I know we have discussed cat deterrents here in the
past, but I can't find any of that information. Does anyone know of a
reliable, humane way to keep the cats out of that tree?

Of course, the mocking birds will do a good job during the day, but
most domestic house cats hunt at night.

Thanks

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor