Old 11-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Travis

AutoTracer wrote:
Last year I bought a peach tree (I think in march) and it was
covered with flowers which eventually fell off before the leaves
started to grow. The tree yielded lots of fruit last fall.

This year the tree has grown lots of leaves but I never saw any
flowers. Why did the tree fail to bloom this year? What did the
nursery do to get it to bloom before I bought it? Am I just being
impatient?

The tree is a grafted onto a 4 foot tall standard and is planted in
a half wine barrel. Watered regularly and only occasionally
fertilized with 16-16-16. Spot is plenty sunny and I live in
central CA (SF bay area).

Transplant shock perhaps.
Why not put it in the ground?

USDA Zone 8b