Old 11-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Bill B

Dawn wrote:
I planted one tray of seeds on the 1st of April and they were up by the
3rd. I planted a second tray on the 4th and so far only the tomatoes
have come up. Same bag of sterile potting mix, same batch of paper pots,
the trays are sitting next to each other in my windowsill. The only
difference is the seeds, I planted all kinds of things, tomatoes,
peppers, herbs, flowers.

How much longer should I wait before giving this space up to a fresh
batch? I'm in a warm zone 5 and very eager to get things started before
it is too late.

Dawn

Even with soil temperature of 70+ degrees it can take peppers up to
three weeks to germinate----some of your herbs might also take a long
time. Get them off of the window sill (too darn chilly) and put them
someplace warm, the top of the 'fridge, water heater etc.