Old 12-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Will Renkel

Do "coral belles" grow in a dense shade area?
Half of my back yard is treed, and I am looking for something with color
to grow under the trees.
I have some grass, but its quite sparse and dose not seem to want to get thicker.

Will Renkel
Wheaton, Ill.
REGISTERD Linux User: 300583

"Travis" writes:
nina wrote:
FayeC wrote:
We moved into this house last August (renting) and although there
are very nice sunny spots where I am going to plant perennial
flower gardens, there is one spot whitch is a full shade area
(indirect sunlight throughout the day) that I would liek to
improve...
There a small 1' x 8' planter by the entrance that right now has 3
very squalid hostas a dead rose bush and some rock garden
plants..the rest of it is covered in what seems broken red brick
pieces.
It looks really bad and I would love to have something nice there
to welcome people coming to my home...

I like impatiens and they grow and spread fast. Coleus, caladiums,
hostas are also very nice. Ferns and pothos do well in shady areas,
though they arent cold hardy.

nina
http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net
My lil piece of garden in the Caribbean.

Ferns are cold hardy.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5