Old 12-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Mike Lyle

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Can anyone tell me how to X-no archive posts, please? I use a Mac
System X but I suppose it might not be possible at all!

On my newsreader, I go into "main page" and open "options"..the

bit
where you can set your sig, etc, and just tick the box marked "set
x-no-archive".

Btw, gardenbanter's webmaster has now decided to honour
X-no-archive posts from newsgroups..about time too.

Tragically, it completely deprives his website of my urg replies

gardenbanter posts and questions. One fears for gardenbanter's
survival should x-no archive become widespread on their favourite
"forum and bulletin board".

As a matter of interest, and without any critical intent, why do some
people like to keep their messages out of the archive? Nothing much I
say is worth looking up, but I don't feel a particular need to
suppress my remarks. Is it just privacy, or is there some other
advantage I haven't thought of?

--
Mike.