Old 12-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"p.k." writes:
| Nick Maclaren wrote:
|
| a.. Personal. You are discussing sensitive or personal subjects,
| or you have other privacy reasons.
|
| D'oh! The author of that was clearly having a blond moment. Do I
| really need to explain why?
|
| I can certainly see occasions when some insult is thrown around in a flame
| war when someone might want to reply with both barrels but not want the post
| to live on to be resurrected out of context in the future.
|
| There are certainly some rather ratty and crabby missiles from me lurking in
| the ether...........
|
| Not quite such a blond moment?

You mean that you are aware that you might regret being quoted
in advance, so add the flag, and still post? That is so blond
as to not realise that blond is a hair colour!

Some archivers don't take any notice of that flag, it is a
configuration parameter how long local feeds keep postings (and
can be indefinite), some feeds archive their data, and it is
always possible for any reader to archive a newsgroup. Plus,
of course, the spooks probably record everything.

Sorry, but ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.