Old 12-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Jim Lewis

Nina wrote:

SNIP

I can't say that
*no* tea works, just that it's hard to study. Especially hard to study
is "induced resistance", where mycorrhiza or compost tea or various
other things are supposed to trigger the plant's natural defenses. You
can find studies that say everything from "it works" to "it doesn't" to
"it's detrimental". I've seen studies that show that a pathogen sets
up induced resistance to itself in a host plant. Think about it. How
well can that work, if it's a pathogen?

I think everyone should have a compost heap, but I'm skipping the tea,
the magnets and the cow-horns, thanks.

Yup. :-)

Between us you get the ol' one-two punch -- and SHE adds
magnetism!

(I have a garden supply catalog in my possession which
advertises a magnet that you fasten to your water pipes that
"magnetizes" the calcium out of your water. Just $35.00. Beats
the hell out of a water softening system!

If you believe that . . . I have a bridge . . . or, 5,000
gallons of stuporthrive -- to sell you.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++