Old 12-04-2005, 04:47 PM
sasha

Do you know to what extend would peeling be natural? In this case, not
just outside layer of the bark is pealing, but the whole bark is
peeling leaving exposed bare tree trunk. Looks very sick.
Sasha

Travis wrote:
sasha wrote:
I've got a maple tree that was planted 2-3 year ago. The tree

seemed
week from very beginning - the leaves were not as thick, they
appeared later and fell earlier. I was not sure whether that was a
reason to be concerned. Last year, however, I've noticed that the
bark on the tree cracked and is peeling. The peeling area is rather
big - up to 30 % of the width of the tree. The peeled bark is as
dry as on a dead tree. Is there something wrong with a tree? Should
I treat it with something? I know next to nothing about gardening
and appreciate any info I can get,
Sasha

Peeling bark on some maples are natural/

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5