Old 12-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:17:11 -0700, "The Ranger"
wrote:

I planted six plants total last spring, 3 jalapeno and 3 Serrano, and these
pearls produced throughout our very mild winter. Now that spring has sprung
in my region (Zone 9), these same six plants are growing stupendously.
Should I continue to allow them to grow? Will they produce with the same
zeal and zest from last year's full season? Will the peppers be woody or
have other unfavorable characteristics because of plant age? Should I plant
an all new 4" crop?

They should be fine. Peppers are considered to be perennials.

I overwinter a couple of peppers in the house every year, one,
the Grenada Seasoning, is on its third season. I prune mine back
a bit when I first bring them outside, but that's probably not
necessary since yours were overwintered outside.

Penelope