Old 12-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Holly in France

Default Bluebell rescue!

Hi all,
Please does anyone know if transplanting bluebells at this time of year, in
the green so to speak, is likely to be successful? Please note I am NOT
proposing to pinch them from the wild! My husband has a job to clear a
woodland track and re-build it as a driveway (current access is very steep
and on a bend, local Mairie are in agreement etc) The track is full of
bluebells, and whilst I'm sure some will survive being scraped off with the
topsoil and put to one side, I would like them to increase more rapidly in
my woods so thought I might rescue some. Is it worth a try??
TIA
--
Holly, in France
Holiday home in Dordogne