Old 12-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Alan Gould

In article , clokemg clokemg.1ndpk3@
gardenbanter.co.uk writes

Being a 'first year' veg grower I have probably made the classic mistake
of being a bit to keen and starting too early. I have grown some
seedlings in my propagator and potted them on to 2" pots. On my window
sill they are getting a bit leggy (as it is not in direct light I guess
they are trying to find some). I have an unheated greenhouse which I
intend to grow them in eventually. Is it too early to put them in
there bearing in mind the frost we are supposed to get on Friday night
(looking at the latest weather forecast). I am running out of room as
I have other things to plant up.

The plants need to be hardened off before putting them into your
unheated greenhouse, and if there is danger of frost - DON'T!.
If possible try to reduce the temperature in which they are growing and
give them more daylight. If you can keep them growing on slowly, they
have a chance of developing to the cropping stage. If you think not,
there is still time to sow seeds for later production, or buy in plants.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.