Old 12-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Mike

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"[H]omer" wrote in message
Living near the beach, as I do, I have access to tonnes of seaweed, and
I remember hearing something about it being good for breaking up clay
and generally good for lawns etc.

The thing is though, what exactly do I do with it, before I use it?

Its too slimy to put through the shredder; does it compost?

How do you prepare this stuff for use as a soil improver, or do you just
dig it straight into the soil?

As I understand it, you let the sun/wind dry it, at which point it becomes
brittle and crunchy. I think you'd need an awful lot of it to condition

your
clay soil though. Just as well it's free:-))

Steve

'IS' it free? Are you allowed to just help yourself off the beach? I think
not :-((

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past