Old 12-04-2005, 09:21 PM
DKat

Well your algae certainly gets enough sun to thrive! If I remember correctly your
pond is at the bottom of a long hill where any fertilizer you used would run into
it but I think even without this under current conditions you are going to get a
healthy algae bloom. What happens once all the plants have grown to cover the
water (at least 75% should be shaded by plants)? Without lack of sun or lack of
food your algae is going to thrive unless you kill it with UV. A thriving veggie
feeder would take out the food but for that to kick in you are going to have to
wait. Last year a ponder tempted me with the thought of not having algae from
thaw to July (when my plants knock out the algae) and I bought an inexpensive UV
on EBay. I've only had it last year and this but I'm happy with not having pea
soup right now is I normally would have. Just a thought.

"john" wrote in message
hey everyone.. i was wondering if you could take a look at these pics i just
took of my pond.
http://thenyscene.com/pond/1.htm

last year i had the same problem... green water.
I have narrowed it down to the following possible problems:
- Too much water flow
- Not enough water flow
- Not enough plants (although its only april here.. and still goes down to the
freezing point at night)
- The pump is too close the bottom (collects muck and spreads it through out the
pond)
- Not enough shade

any words of advice?? thanx!!!!
John