Old 13-04-2005, 12:40 AM
lou

hi have just joined the newsgroup & we have about a 20,000 litre pond,
have had it for about 2.5yrs now. from day one we had a uv filter &
have never had a problem with green water. the only thing we do get
abit of now is blanket weed. which we started to get more of in the
last year or so for some reason.
hope you've sorted your problem out now re green wtr, any tips for
blanket weed? have tried barley flakes & the fish just ate them, have
tried just removing the blanket weed but hard to do when have frogsporn
& baby fish in water to avoid have just bought some extract of barley
straw by interpet to add but hope it works as quite costly. 1 bottle
costs =A314.99 & will only do 2 applications & bottle says will need to
be done very couple of weeks! will keep my fingers crossed!