Old 13-04-2005, 07:49 AM

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:07:41 +0100, Malcolm Kane
wrote:

In message ,
writes
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:44:37 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

wrote in message
news On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:54:51 +0100, Malcolm Kane
wrote:

In message ,
writes
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:47:22 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

"Paul" wrote in message
Why do the RSPB and other conservation hooligan charities such as the
Woodland Trust kill wildlife rather than manage it properly. We all
know killing large numbers of animals merely causes them to breed more
and quicker.

Thats must be why there are lots of whales then?

No, It is always possible to slaughter a species almost to extinction.

But surely Angus when the main pressure was taken off a number of years
ago this principle you have quoted before that it causes faster breeding
would by now have been making a really noticeable difference.

Again not necessarily. Just look at fish stocks gererally. They have
declined because of over fishing.

But i thought that killing (aka overfishing) caused them to breed more
prolifically (according to you)?

No, I never said that. Over fishing reduces the population to such an
extent that any increase in fecundity is overtaken by the numbers
killed.

Can you stick to one argument?

No, because there's two.

Why is it that culling (according to you)
causes deer populations to increase,

Because the numbers are manipulated to leave enough deer for hunting
purposes and as some are killed the fecundity increases leading to an
increase in population.

but not fish, whales, bison or the
dodo?

They are being wiped out. See above.

But Angus whales in general have not been persecuted for quite a number
of years. Why has the "fecundity" trigger not kicked in.

And what have you got against hunting anway? Wolves kill deer and eat
them. We kill deer and eat them. So what?

I don't agree with any wildlfe being hunted by man. They are not our
"property". They are wildlife in their own right and their freedom to
exist should be respected.

That does not really address why man should not be allowed to fulfil his
natural role as top predator and kill Deer.

You have snipped out parts I have already answered :-(

Angus Macmillan
www.roots-of-blood.org.uk
www.killhunting.org
www.con-servation.org.uk