Old 13-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

Default Ok, which one of you has my warm spring?

It's mid-April in South Carolina, fer cryin' in a bucket, and the
nighttime temps are going to dip down to the low 40's for the next
couple of nights! I want my warm southern nights, and I want them
now! I will turn my back, and whoever has them can just leave them
at the end of the driveway, no questions asked.

Usually I've already got peppers in the garden, and last year I was
picking ripe tomatoes the first week in May. Not this year! I'm going
to have to bring in the pepper seedlings that have been hardening off
outside back inside for a couple of nights. I called Cross Country
and asked them to ship the pepper seedlings I ordered from them the
last week in April instead of now.

I'm a little worried about my hummingbirds, too. They've been back
for a couple of weeks, and now it's turning cool again. I have up
feeders and a couple of hanging baskets with nectar flowers, but 40 F
is awfully cold for the little guys.

~fume~

Where is my warm weather?

Penelope