Old 13-04-2005, 06:48 PM
dt

escape wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:17:22 GMT, "Cindy" opined:

If you want to play with species outside our native lists, fine, but make
sure
it's not something invasive to wetlands, or potentially forcing out native
species of plants, and be sure to select things which are not going to
reduce
native habitat for the fauna in your area. They are still selling purple
loosetrife at Red Barn Garden Center. When I told the manager about it
and that
it's illegal in Texas, she said it was a different loosetrife. Uh, no, it
was
not different. THAT is irresponsible, IMO.

Very good point! I was looking at it like, if it dies I'll be out $10 and a
year or two, but it could be a problem.
Good God, I can't believe anyplace sells loosestrife anymore! They've been
trying to eradicate it in Montana for many years.

Cindy

I know, it's hard to believe this manager is still working there.

I *really* hate to ask, but has anybody got a link to a site telling us
that loosestrife is illegal? I'm sure not finding it.

Peace.

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/