Old 13-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Brent Walston

Craig Cowing wrote:

On Apr 13, 2005, at 1:59 PM, Jim Lewis wrote:

I was wondering, because it doesn't _sound_ like how spider
mites work. Have you FOUND any? The ol' white paper test?

Hadn't found any. I didn't think that lack of water was the issue, so
spider mites was all I could think of. Plus, Professor Anita seemed to
think it might be that too. And who am I to question her?

Craig

Glad this bit came out. This doesn't sound like spider mites to me (see
the article at my website http://www.evergreengardenworks.com/mites.htm )

The earliest I have encountered mites out here is in early April (zone
8), and that kind of damage isn't evident until May or later. That
means, this kind of severe damage had to occur BEFORE you stored them,
OR something else is the culprit. If that degree of damage occurred
during or after storage you would certainly find mites, eggs, and
debris. Also, you don't normally find mite damage on just ONE plant. If
they are there and causing visible damage, then you are going to find at
least a few on the other vulnerable species and specimen.

Brent
Evergreen Gardenworks.com

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++