Old 13-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Mike

Anyway, I'm sure the council share the responsibility for this mess,

with regards to giving planning permission, there is no 'share' about it.
Unless they can prove that they did not give planning consent ???? and
unless they can prove in writing that the Builder/Developer was/is going to
do something about the flooding, then the ball is in their court and I would
need a lot of convincing that is not the case.

Of course from here I cannot fully grasp the situation, but I feel that a
Residents Action Committee should have been started a long time ago to fling
more than the proverbial 'Seven Buckets of the nasty stuff' at them.

You might be interested to know that when I was shouting out so much about
the Council and fighting for the residents, that at a meeting, it was
explained that 'There is a vacancy on the Parish Council would you like to
join us?' The neighbours who were being affected by the flooding urged me to
go on and fight for them. I was co-opted on. THEN realised I was on there to
shut me up. Consequently I am not standing for re-election in May.

Are your houses built under the National House Builders Council or whatever
it is called? Whereby your houses are examined at each stage of build and a
20(?) year guarantee placed on them?

Mike