Old 13-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
p.mc sigadd1to wrote:

I've just bought 2 plants. (1) is a honeysuckle which I have planted next to
a fence with strawberry netting on the fence and coated wire in front
running horizontal with approx 16 inch spacing X3.... Is that alright??

Don't expect to salvage the strawberry netting after it gets
established - otherwise, fine.

Now the other is Kerria..(Golden guinea) which I picked up from the climbing
section in
the nursery, but now I,ve got it home I've noticed it's say's it'a a shrub
(Height 6' Spread 6')
Do you think this was placed in the wrong section? And if possible can this
be trained as a climber, If so how? Or just plant it 3' from one of my
fences? I know I could take it back but we like it.

It can be trained as a wall shrub, yes. It is naturally upright
and arching, but you can tie it back. I would plant it 6-12" from the
fence if I were doing that to it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.