Old 13-04-2005, 09:40 PM
[H]omer

Mike wrote:

Are your houses built under the National House Builders Council or whatever
it is called? Whereby your houses are examined at each stage of build and a
20(?) year guarantee placed on them?

No idea. All we were told was that we had one year to complain about any
faults with the property, which we did ... over and over ... along with
every other resident on the estate.

E.g. - the gas, which was supposed to be plumbed-in *before* we entered
the premises, wasn't. We complained. Two weeks later, they finally fixed
it. Problems outstanding from before the end of the one year 'warranty'
period remain unfixed (by them) to this day.

It wasn't that we didn't complain, it was just that the developer didn't
care, and the local councillor cared even less. AFAIK half the council
are drinking buddies with the partners in the development firm.

Anyway, it's seven years later and this is way OT. A lifetime's worth of
more important event have occured in the meantime (such as my father's
demise), and the whole thing is just too depressing to dredge up again.
So from my end anyway, this thread is closed.

-
[H]omer