Old 14-04-2005, 06:51 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:09:27 -0400, "RichToyBox"
wrote:

Chris,
Put a valve in the bottom drain line between the pond and the first barrel.
Periodically, close the valve and pump the drums down, then open the valve
and the water will rush through at such a pace as to flush anything in the
line.

Yup, and he'll definitely need some valve or stand pipe set up to isolate
the barrel to clean it out anyway. Unless Chris, you've put another drain
in the barrel to drain the muck out of it? As you know, I use my shop vac.
My pond/filter system works on siphon effect, so I just open a valve to
stop the siphon, and the D.pond has a ball valve that we open and close
with a Garden Claw.

As far as the pipe going uphill, the important thing is that pipe goes up
or goes down, but doesn't go up and down. As David mentioned about air
bubbles, they can be caught in the top of a pipe that goes up & down. As
long as your flow is good enough, you shouldn't have much sediment able to
stay in the pipe. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~