Old 14-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Aaron

Mine is coming out the top. But the leaves dry up easily, also
the flower dries up too, I try to put glass cover to keep stuff
in the tank and keep the leaves fresh in the water. I don't
have the heart to cut this big plant. I want to just pull the
whole thing and drop it in the new and bigger tank. I'll
probably mess up the 20g if I pull it and I'm having a hard
time catching the fish. They are hiding among the branches and
stuff, but I can't remove the anubias til the fish are out
(catch 22). I think all that 2yr old potting soil fertilizer
mix will kill them because I think the anubias is imbedded in
there.

I think the tree is mangrove, like mangrove swamp.

In article ,
I have some anubias that are giants. One in 10 gallon tank was
pushing out of the water, so I cut it in half. The bottom in the 10
gal now grows lots of new leaves, but no new stalk. That is great in
that tank. The top half is now in a 29 gal tank and does not seem to
be starting a new stalk either, just leaves.

I also have some giants in a 75gal tank. One of them divided itself
half way up. I moved the top half and planted it, so far it is
growing well.

I have smaller species of anubias that did well for years, but
recently the new leaves are less healthy. Strange since the giants do
not share this problem.

I rarely stir up the bottom, but I see no problem when I have had to
remove plants. The water gets dirty, but clears in an hour or two. I
have worried about the grit getting in fish gills and suspect I lost
one fish that way, but it could have been a coincident.

The large roots remind me of that swamp tree in Florida (Mango?) I
just push as much of the roots into the gravel as I can get in. Seems
to be ok.