Old 14-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Happy'Cam'per

"DD DDD" wrote in message
I put my pacu (fake looking pirranah) and 1 tiger barb and swordfish in
my pond and 5 brown clawed frogs after a fish tank leak. After 2 weeks
the frogs doubled in size the tiger barb is fine the swords are ok and
the pacu are huge. I had put (2) 500 watt heaters in and the water is
about 72-74 The heaters help a lot otherwise the water goes to 62 at
night. Can I keep them in the pond all summer? They seem to love it and
the turtle dont catch them. The pond is about 300 gallons. Thank you

Besides for the cost as others have pointed out I would say you could safely
keep them there all summer. I did this last summer with Guppies, Moonlight
Gouramis, Flying foxes, a Bristlenose and Kuhli loaches (this was after my
tank burst all over the lounge floor leaving me no choice but to save the
fish by dumping them in the pond!!) They shared the pond with 5 Comets and 5
Shubunkins and everyone was fine, the Guppies even managed to breed and
surprisingly most of the fry made it! I think its a great idea (besides for
the electrical costs that is) Good luck.
--
Kind Regards
Cameron