Old 14-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Aaron

Thanks for the info.

What is emersed mean? And what do you mean by normal
fertilizers? Do I make a water, potting soil, manure mix? And
how long do I leave it like that.

Thank you.

In article , liew26302
@pacific.net.sg says...
Try cutting only the roots. Leave the rhizome alone (the closest thing I can
think of that resembles an Anubias rhizome is a Tapioca; hope that helps
:-) ). If you cannot see the rhizome, cut some of the oldest leaves (or
leave a few, though one leaf is actually enough).

If you want your leaves to be up growing out (very) quickly to replace those
lost, placed it emersed (not submersed) in a growing tank with NORMAL
fertilisers. Wash the plant from the growing tank and move it to your new
tank. Don't worry about injuring the plant. Anuibas are one of the hardiest
plants.

You should also tie the rhizome to a driftwood or rock that is at least as
long as the rhizome. This help to make future moving easier. In time the
roots will be produced and "glue" to it (explains your moving problem; the
roots may have "glued" themselves to the bottom). Note that Anuibas roots
can be planted into the soil but the rhizome has to be placed above the soil
or the Anuibas dies.

Hope the above helps.

Jo