Old 15-04-2005, 01:34 AM
Elaine T

Aaron wrote:
60gallon, the tank is 4 feet long which is the size of shop
lights.

In article 1113513528.082561.122180
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, says...

Aaron wrote:

Since I got a larger tank for my anubias plant. I was
wondering about the shop light. I looked on google and some
people use them, is that good enough? I plan on getting other
plants, even high light requiring ones.

I was at the hardware store earlier and the lights don't cost
too much, but I can't find the sunshine bulb that was
mentioned.

Thanks for the info.

What size tank? What kind of shop lights? Do they have one or two
bulbs, how long are they, etc.....

I lit a 55 with a mix of a shop light sitting on a glass canopy and
sunlight. It worked fine. I spray painted the shop light black with
Rustoleum to match the tank stand. If you want to grow high light
plants, you will need two lights for a 60 gallon, for a total of four
40W tubes.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__