Old 15-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"The Ranger" wrote:

A long time ago, in a land my parents owned, my dad showed me the benefits
of planting some plants with others. It's one of the few lessons that I
didn't blow off during my rebellious teenage angst. Unfortunately, due to
aging and non-use of such a wealth of free knowledge, I no longer remember
whether planting garlic with tomatoes is beneficial or disastrous. If I
planted some cloves of garlic with my new batch of heirlooms (five beef
steak and three Brandywine), will the tomatoes pick up and be dominated by
the garlic? Is it even worth planting garlic with the plants to prevent
insect predation?

Many thanks.

The Ranger

According to this chart on companion planting, you should be ok with the
garlic near the tomatoes.

http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/complant.html

marcella