Old 15-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Steve Calvin

Gary Woods wrote:

Marcella Peek wrote:

According to this chart on companion planting, you should be ok with the
garlic near the tomatoes

Be aware that garlic is a poor competitor, so you will get undersized bulbs
if it's shaded/crowded by the tomatoes. Unhappy garlic tends to be smaller
but stronger, so it's not _all_ bad!

My garlic is by tomatoes all the time. The garlic comes to term in
June/July so it's not an issue for me. My tomatoes are on the eastern
side of the garden and the garlic is on the west (I have a small "strip"
garden) and they both get enough sun to do well.

--
Steve