Old 15-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Magwitch

Janet Baraclough muttered:

The message
from Julie White contains these words:

Does anyone know where I can get to see a display of greenhouse
staging in the Midlands, please?

The big manufacturers usually have stands at all the large
horticultural/agricultural shows such as RHS regional shows, Gardener's
World Live, the Three Counties Show etc. Because they are cheek-by-jowl
with their competitors, many of them give special price discounts at
shows (with delivery, you don't have to lug it home).

The lowest price of all can often be had by going on the afternoon of
the last day and offering to buy the display model. The sales staff are
exhausted by then and glad to get away early with minimal packing-up.You
might have to arrange transport in that case, but get a wonderful
bargain.

Janet

We did this at the Game Fair last year and got a real quality set of Triniti
garden chairs and table for @ £500 less than they were offered on the first
day of the show (the last £75 off was achieved by my husband's wonderful
show of amused disinterest in the purchase).

The nicest staging I've seen is the Hercules wooden staging from Robinsons,
liked the picture with two large gentlemen sitting on it and a larger lady
lying on the second tier )