Old 15-04-2005, 06:15 AM
ceed

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:28:40 -0500, Cindy wrote:

I've never liked 'Bavarian' Sour Kraut. It is sweet. Same goes for
'Bavarian' buttermilk.

Yuk, I've never tasted SWEET sauerkraut!

I moved to Texas from Norway a few years ago. The Norwegian version of
sauerkraut "Surkaal" is sweet. I have to special order it since all I can
get around here is the traditional German kind which is too sour for my
taste. Now I have learnt there's a "Bavarian" kind that probably resembles
the Scandinavian one. Come to think of it, the same goes for pickles: I
only purchase the "Bread and Butter" type since that's the only kind we
use in Norway. My wife who is a Texan do not understand how I can put
sweet pickles on my burgers. Guess it's all about what you're used to...

--
//ceed