Old 15-04-2005, 05:35 AM
Pete

" wrote in
oups.com:

Hi,

I am failry new at this hobby and I am getting a bigger interest for
plants... for some reason they last longer than the fish I put in.

Anyway, I have a 33gal tank, I believe it is cycled now, the tests show
the tanks is stabilized.

I've been putting live plants in the tank.
I have Cabombas, Anubia, ludwigia, Echinodorus red special, Hygrophila
and some others I can't remember the name.

So far I have seven live plants... I do want to fill the tank with
plants, I am just wondering at what point they're too many?

I don't have alot of fish, couple neons, two dwarf gouramis a pleco and
a guppy.

I also have a lamp, I believe it's a aquaglo lamp, not sure right now.

The lfs around here have different plants I just wish there would be
more color to them, they're pretty much all green with some being
reddish.

Yeah as others have said you can never have too many until you acutally run
out of room :P. The limits you might want are just for visual
presentation. Some plants look better in large bunches, so if you're
making small bunches to be able to pack more plants in you're losing some
visual eyecandy.

You could hit a soft limit if you don't change your tank upkeep. A few
plants might be fine with the fish and excess food providing fertilizer
now, but if you keep adding plants some changes in how you fertilize might
be needed.

Try a mix of plants. Short forground plants, lily type plants etc. Some
will do better than others depending on your lighting etc. Reds are more
difficult to find and grow in general. I've got a tiger lily to satisfy my
red craving (always a deep red) in my 90 gal but that sucker grows into a
monster (about 1/4 of my tank taken up)

Have fun,
Pete