Old 15-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Aaron

Thanks.

In article ,
says...
Aaron wrote:
Mine is coming out the top. But the leaves dry up easily, also
the flower dries up too, I try to put glass cover to keep stuff
in the tank and keep the leaves fresh in the water. I don't
have the heart to cut this big plant. I want to just pull the
whole thing and drop it in the new and bigger tank. I'll
probably mess up the 20g if I pull it and I'm having a hard
time catching the fish. They are hiding among the branches and
stuff, but I can't remove the anubias til the fish are out
(catch 22). I think all that 2yr old potting soil fertilizer
mix will kill them because I think the anubias is imbedded in
there.

I think the tree is mangrove, like mangrove swamp.

Try trapping the fish. Take a well rinsed soda or drinking water
bottle, cut the top 1/3 off, turn it around, and stick it in the bottom
of the bottle. You end up with a funnel that fish can swim into, but
get confused when swimming out. Poke some small holes in the bottom so
the trap will sink and water can flow through. Put in your fishes
absolute favorite food (I use frozen bloodworms) and put the trap in the
tank. You may need to leave it in there overnight for nocturnal fish.

Here's a really bad ASCII art rendition of the trap.

/ /------