Old 15-04-2005, 06:06 AM
Travis

About 10 years ago, my parents decided to harvest some bamboo from a
family friend.

We placed them along the border of our yard.

Flash forward a few years...they start appearing in our neighbors
yard.

So I spent 3 years a day for a week pulling bamboo out of the
ground. I dug until I got to the bamboo then tried pulling it out.

As you all know their roots go out far (in all directions), so
pulling took ALOT of effort.

Now they are over running our yard and our neighbors yard again.

What can we do?

Is there a spray that we can use that wont kill our grass but will
kill the bamboo?

Is there a easier way to get rid of them?

Thanks

Run over the new shoots your neighbors with the lawnmower and dig down
and cut off the rhizome where it leaves your yard.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington