Old 15-04-2005, 06:33 AM
Snooze

"DD DDD" wrote in message
Ok Thank you all. If the heaters run 10 hours that will cost me 30.00
per month... 1000 watts per hour is 1 kilowatt times 10 cents per
kilowatt. hmmmm Can they survive at 68? Im not trying to waist
electricity. But if it ran 24/7 it would be 2.40 a day. That can add up
quick. How warm do most ponds get in the summer (on average) I never
used to check the temp with goldfish. But will they get hurt if the temp
goes to 68? Or is there a cutoff temp to avoid. Thanks all for comments

Not sure about what temp range goldfish like, just an idea worth exploring..
Solar heater?
Such as the ones used in pools? The only problem I could see is that you'd
need a radiator/closed system, the pond gunk would probably quickly clog up
the solar water heaters. But that would rapidly turn into an expensive
project.

-S