Old 15-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Magwitch

trojan9 muttered:

Further to recent post on mowers, it seems that I am doomed - the John

Deere
mower has a steel deck which of course can rot.

I hear aluminium, plastic etc being mentioned.

Point is, has any reputable manufacturer come up with a mower deck that

will
not rot, and can mulch properly?

For completelness, the John Deere JS63 when I looked at it was a steel

deck -
and given that my present honda aluminum deck rotted after less

than 15 years
I am bewildered and confused about what to do.

any help appreciated

--
trojan9

What do you mean by 'rot'? if you mean rust, that usually spreads from
knocks or damage done to it, the point about the JD deck is that it's thick
enough to withstand the knocks etc.