Old 15-04-2005, 05:06 PM

"Cindy" wrote in message

I like that too! But I prefer spare ribs, and use half sauerkraut and
half cabbage, and add a sliced-up apple. No mashed potatoes though.

Oh! And lots of onion! You can't leave out the onion....I think it would
be good with those big white radishes too.

RADISHES ? Are you pulling our leg?

I've made mixed greens out of all sorts of tops -- beet tops, spinach,
cabbage
(even the big non-head leaves), and a few radish tops. But only once have I
thrown in a few radishes (these were the small red and white kind). While
not
nasty, they were not very tasty, either.

While we are crazy about fresh, tender, home-grown mustard greens, and
RAW turnips, we don't care for cooked turnip green turnips. HOWEVER,
we like those raw. (If they are late in the season and are hot, we cut them
up
and soak them in cold water for a few minutes and it takes some of the
excess hot out.)

But -- hold on, now -- I DO put turnips in to cook with mustard greens...
RUDABAGA turnips. Deeeeeeelishious !

But, getting back to your comment above... ditto on the onions (especially
the
mild ones, such as Vidalias) but cooked white RADISHES?

Tell me you are not kidding, and I'll try it one more time before deciding
whether to avoid it for life.