Old 15-04-2005, 05:19 PM

Ceed,

Glad you like the sweet. Good for you. Everybody has a right to
like what tastes good to himself.

As to the small crunchy sweet pickles, I'm right there with you on
those. One day -- being out of dill pickle relish -- I made potato
salad for about twenty people using the sweet pickles and they
raved about it so much I've used the sweet ones ever since. But
the big, soft kind of bread and butter pickles don't do it for me.

Again, each has a right to like what suits him.

At Thanksgiving, if we have lots of guests, we put out lots of
'condiment' trays, with those little crunchy sweet pickles, ripe
olives, green olives, carrot sticks and celery sticks to give guests
something to nibble on that won't kill their appetite.

Chick laughs at me for being the only person who does not eat
any condiments nor any turkey, during the meal. (This is because
I sample the turkey as I slice it beforehand, and eat so many of the
condiments along with it, that all I want to eat when I set down is
vegetables.)

I've never tried out my Louisiana seafood gumbo on a Norwegian
before. (Mine's been described as a life-enhancing experience, by
quite a few people (no brag, just fact... (:))

"ceed"
ceed@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqr stuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com
wrote in message newsp.so9cwqj721xk10@bob...
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:28:40 -0500, Cindy wrote:

I've never liked 'Bavarian' Sour Kraut. It is sweet. Same goes for
'Bavarian' buttermilk.

Yuk, I've never tasted SWEET sauerkraut!

I moved to Texas from Norway a few years ago. The Norwegian version of
sauerkraut "Surkaal" is sweet. I have to special order it since all I can
get around here is the traditional German kind which is too sour for my
taste. Now I have learnt there's a "Bavarian" kind that probably resembles
the Scandinavian one. Come to think of it, the same goes for pickles: I
only purchase the "Bread and Butter" type since that's the only kind we
use in Norway. My wife who is a Texan do not understand how I can put
sweet pickles on my burgers. Guess it's all about what you're used to...

--
//ceed