Old 15-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Kay

In article , clokemg clokemg.1nj9k2@
gardenbanter.co.uk writes

Magwitch Wrote:
clokemg muttered:
-

I am planning to put a pond in the garden. After digging out the
foundations for a large shed I have decided that I want to hire a
digger to create the hole. Does anyone have any advice on the
following....

1. Good websites on creating a wildlife friendly pool.-

I got my pond plants from these people about 2 years ago and now I'd
say I
have a fully functional natural pond habitat:

What would you recommend at your top 'wouldn't be without' plants?[/i][/color]

Caltha palustris - Marsh marigold. Like huge buttercups early in the
season, big glossy leaves. marginal
Water forget-me-not - Marginal, or shallow water. Spreads well and blue
flowers over a long season.
Water hawthorn - shallowish water - not a native, but worth growing for
the scent.

--
Kay