Old 15-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Mike

"Kay" wrote in message
..
snipped.

I wonder whether the key is in the '*quick* watering' - maybe not enough
water, hence the wilting. If this wasn't corrected, then the plants
would die off. Newly repotted plants tend to need quite a good watering
for the first watering because their roots will inevitably have got
bashed around a bit.

The only other thing is whether the unheated garage was in fact too
cold. I've just picked up some hardy fuchsias from T&M and the
instructions are basically to keep them above 40 deg for a while and
harden them off gently.
--
Kay

Thanks Kay for your response

I did water them well and the compost is still damp to the touch. There has
been a lot of rain forecast for tomorrow ,is it possible to put the tray
out for a short period if there's drizzle ?

My garage does get very cold at night..... I am using paper and boards to
shelter the plants from late afternoon onwards but do not always remember to
do this.So perhaps this is the problem..

Mike.