Old 16-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Timothy

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:07:42 -0700, Pagan wrote:

My Craftsman edger just pooped out after just a few uses. The air filter
is spotless, it's so new, but still it refuses to start. I know it's the
carb, however, I played this game with my Ryobi 4 cycle trimmer,
rebuilding the carb four times before throwing in the towel and buying a
rechargeable B&D trimmer, which works great.

Anyway, I have no plans to haul this thing to the shop, or tear it apart,
every six months. What I'd like is a walk behind edger that will start
when I pull the dang cord.

It doesn't have to be fancy, but it must be a walk behind, and reliable.
Seems that Sears is selling crap these days.

Any suggestions on a new edger?

Pagan

I use a McLane and it's un-breakable. My McLane was bought 4 years ago,
very used for 50 bucks. I use it 5+ hours a week with no fail.

Personally I would take your edger back to Sears and tell them to fix it.
I don't care how old the warrenty is. If they give you no relief, then I'd
get the machine fixed and then sell it. Just a thought..
Good luck.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com