Old 16-04-2005, 12:58 AM
Red

I love Grackles. They form a line and proceed across the lawn eating all
the bugs that are there. When I mow they follow me around and capture every
grasshopper that dares to move. Today I had 20 or so our in the yard eating
the dreaded worms and other bugs. I have plenty of native birds and do not
agree that they are bullies. They have plenty of redeeming features.

I could say I hate Robins. A group came through here earlier this spring.
The ate every berry from the Lugustrum. They then proceeded to poop the
seeds (in a disgusting black) on everything in site including my car. I am
now seeing an infestation of Lugustrum every where. I can deal with that
and I washed the car so no damage done. They enjoyed a couple of days of
bathing and pooping and eating my earth worms before heading north. I often
wonder why they don't sing their traditional song here, only their alarm
song.

What ever it is Friday night and we need some rain all I have is beer.

"Harold Robbins" wrote in message
m...

escape wrote:

Grackles are bullies which eat up all the food used by migrating birds,
song birds, and nesting local birds. They kill nesting birds, eat
nesting eggs, torment dogs and cats. and mess up cars. I can think of no
redeeming features about grackles.

Harold

I can. They are sentient beings worthy of their life as much as any
other life.
They suffer as much as any other sentient being suffers. I'm sorry, but
I see
through the eyes of a Buddhist mind. Sorry for that if you disagree.
Grackles
are native birds. They are not invading, they belong here.

So you think it is all right if they kill off all the migrating birds,
songbirds, and REAL native birds? They are well on the way to creating a
nation-wide crisis of migrating birds being killed off, here in Austin.

I'm no Buddhist, but I do love birds, all kinds of birds. Grackles are
murdering the beautiful birds of this country and we will have nothing
left but Grackles and Pigeons, then only Grackles pretty soon. Is that
what you want?

Harold