Old 16-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Bill Stock

"Aaron" wrote in message
a.net...

Since I got a larger tank for my anubias plant. I was
wondering about the shop light. I looked on google and some
people use them, is that good enough? I plan on getting other
plants, even high light requiring ones.

I was at the hardware store earlier and the lights don't cost
too much, but I can't find the sunshine bulb that was
mentioned.

Thanks for the info.

I built the lights for both of my tanks.

Tank 1 is a 3' 55 gallon. I lit this with a kit from AH Supply. Very nice,
easy to build.

Tank 2 is a 4' 75 gallon. I lit this with 2x 2 light T8 shop lights. I ended
up stripping out the ballast and sockets and building them into my own hood.
I didn't really save much, as the T8 lights are not as cheap. Plus it was a
bit of a PITA to make my own reflector and attach the sockets. But I should
save on bulbs in the long run.