Old 16-04-2005, 01:50 AM
paghat

In article ,
wrote:

On 15 Apr 2005 07:17:12 -0700, "Boothbay" opined:

How can one tell if the plant is still alive. its in the original pot
bought from Loews, and I have a few days to return and get a refund. I
see no new growth here in NYC area. Kept indoors for the
winter..although its suppose to be hardy type.

All due honesty, you killed it by keeping it indoors all winter. So, if

you want
to do the right thing, you won't make Lowes pay for it. If you want to see if
it's alive, push it out of the pot and look closely at the crown of the plant.
If you see nothing, it's dead, but you are the one who killed it. I am not
trying to be rude, but as a retired garden center manager I can tell you it's
very dishonest to make someone give you a refund when you are the one at

fault.
But Lowes will honor their warranty.

Sounds accurate to me.

-paghat the ratgirl