Old 16-04-2005, 12:37 AM
Travis

RainLover wrote:
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 01:51:16 -0400, "das"
wrote:

P. vivax 1'-2' since emerging this past weekend (4 yrs. old single
culm transplant), has approximately 30 new culms, some very close
to main planting, others running up to 15' since last year with up
to 4 new culms on some runners. P. aureosulcata 2"-4" since
emerging over the weekend, but just really starting out, should be
major eruption of new culms by next week. I'm afraid a green
monster has been awakened!

David Sizemore
Kingsport, TN (NE corner)
Zone 6a

Any Shoot Reports from the Puget Sound area? I'm in Port Orchard
and no sign of black bamboo yet.

James, Seattle
Zone 8a

I have what I believe to be a P. aureosulcata and it is shooting. I
also have a P. aureosulcata /f/ spectabilis and it too is shooting. My
Sasa palmata is shooting. My P. nigra, P. nigra 'Bory', P. vivax and
Semiarundinaria fastuosa are not shooting yet.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington