Old 15-04-2005, 11:03 PM
Susan Erickson

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:35:33 GMT, "Gail"
wrote:

Thank you, Joanna. All of your info was very welcome!!
Gail

As Joanna said... Be careful. I have a beautiful white Phal.
that boomed for 18 months and died. I was not paying attention.
It had not grown a new leaf in 18 months. I assume that you
know to keep the crown (center point) dry. You would not have a
lovely plant for this time if it had gotten wet. But you can get
a damp rot in the crown (crown rot) if water sits there. That
will kill the growth point and the plant if not cured.

Welcome to RGO. Try to join us on ABPO
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids to share pix of your plant and to
see what others have in bloom. I am sure by now you have read
the "do not post pix to this newsgroup" note. This is chat only
the other is pix. Most of us read both groups so you will often
see a reference that "my pix is posted on ABPO"

SuE