Old 16-04-2005, 12:31 AM
Kenni Judd

Phals are notoriously long-lasting. But Paphs, and even mature Dendrobiums,
can rival them in flower longevity. A couple of our largest Dens are
generally in bloom roughly 11 months out of the year. And the others have
other charms ....

And at the risk of sounding repetitive, I second (or "third" or "fourth")
the warnings about allowing Phals to bloom themselves to death. One thing
that can help is truly _religious_ feeding, if you are going to let a Phal
go beyond its primary inforescences for the season. It takes energy to
produce those flowers ...
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Gail" wrote in message
ink.net...
My sister and I are new orchid addicts (wonderful addiction). I gave her a
blooming moth orchid in Sept 2004 and the plant blossoms continuously (it

is
still in full flower). None of our other orchids do this. We call it the
"special orchid." Is this a common phenomenon? Thanks in advance. I'm

happy
to be here in orchid heaven.
Gail