Old 16-04-2005, 04:04 AM
Newt Newt is offline
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS
Hi,
I drove by a local green house today and the sign said "it's time to plant strawberries". I have some plants in a window seal, they are flowering.
I wanted to plant strawberries this year, but being a 2nd year gardener, don't know for sure when and how to do it. I cant find a good source online. Any suggestions? I am in Boise Idaho, our days right now are 50-70 and nights 32-42. I am planning on planting the berries in a large terra cotta pot I have.
I appreciate any suggestions.
Jackee

Hi Jackee,

Here you go.
http://muextension.missouri.edu/expl...ort/g06135.htm
http://littlerock.about.com/cs/resta...strawberry.htm

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.