Old 16-04-2005, 03:28 AM
Elaine T

Aaron wrote:
What if I put the tank by a windows? Is that good? Do anyone
do that?

Thanks for the info.

I do. I have a 10 gallon currently running on only sunlight. There are
a few problems, but they can be overcome fairly easily. Plants grow
sideways towards the window so you don't get an ideal shape. Sunlight
is also bright, and you will have a fair amount of algae to control with
cleaning, heavy planting, and algae eaters. Also, tall plants at the
back tend to block the light so you have to use low light plants in the
front if you want a backdrop. Low plantings over the whole tank work
really well. Finally, the sunlight can heat the water so be sure the
tank is adequately heated at night.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__