Old 16-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Magwitch

tom muttered:

Hi,

My existing lawn goes right up to the side of my garage and I found it
hard to mow up to the side of it. So I have removed the lawn (2ft x
7ft) and have dug a hole about 1 spade depth. I then bought a couple
of large bags of top soil & 1 of manure.

I woke up this morning planning to empty all 3 bags in the hole & put
in a few plants. Sea Holley, berberis & some 60 bulbs (gladioli &
iris)

But with last nights rain & snow, the hole is full of water & doesn't
look to be going away. Its quite heavy clay!

Stupidly I emptied one of the bags into the hole thinking it would
soak up the water but that didn't seem to work so I have used a bucket
& emptied most of it out.

BUT does this mean it wont be any use as a flower bed once Its filled
in with soil?

Thanks for your help.

Plant a load of moisture loving plants like in a bog garden, hostas, Iris
Siberica, bog primulas ferns, it will be wonderful )